In order to appear cool, hip and current, I managed to blag a couple of tickets to see the WORLD premiere of the documentary “Where’s the #@&%! snow?!” at the Reykjavik international film festival tonight. Directed by Bowen Staines and Gunnar B. Gudbjornsson (who also makes the Sleepless in Reykjavik Web TV series), it tells of the blood, sweat and tears that was the Iceland Airwaves festival from last year. It was certainly a fun festival and I’m hoping to that certain things will happen in the film.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN THE FILM.
– Dr. Spock Performing on an open air truck
– Reykjavik! going mental (again)
– Lots (and i mean lots) of drunken people dancing and stuff
– Dikta being all emotive and shit
WHAT WON´T HAPPEN IN THE FILM (BUT WE HOPED IT WOULD)
– Hafdis Huld introducing her new “Black metal phase”
– Einar Örn from Ghostigial spending the entire set lying in the foetal position and bawling like a new-born child all the way through the set.
– Högni from Hjaltalín stopping during mid song and saying “Hay Kids! i know that we’re all having a good time, but i want to take this moment to tell you about the real dangers of communism that is Prevalent in Lazy town and that putting fluoride in the water will rob you of your manly essence! HEED MY WARNINGS!”
– A metal band appearing at the Art Museum on a Saturday…
I think it will most certainly be a great film. hope there’s some free beers…..